JOIN US ON FACEBOOK….
Michigan Concealed Carry License (CPL/CCW)…Why get one?
Because law enforcement is spread paper thin.
This is number one on the list for a reason. Given massive law enforcement attrition through retirement and budget cuts, we simply can’t expect absolute protection from those who bravely serve us. The fact is, there are fewer cops to keep us safe – even in an emergency situation. This is not a hidden secret in Oakland County and Genesee County, here in Michigan.
“Police Protection” in most cases is a contradiction of terms! Police rarely stop crimes from taking place. Rather, they spend most of their time investigating offenses after the damage has been done, AFTER innocent victims have been robbed, car-jacked, kidnapped, assaulted, raped, or murdered. The solution? Self-protection!!
What do we offer at MCCA?
Obtaining a lawful concealed weapons permit, or permission to carry a concealed pistol, is only one part of the equation. We’ve talked to dozens of citizens who’ve obtained a permit but don’t carry because they do not feel comfortable or capable of actually using a gun for personal protection. The reasons vary, but they generally boil down to a lack of training and/or understanding.
Our classes are practical, informative and enjoyable. You will learn everything you need to know about carrying a concealed weapon in a relaxed but well coordinated atmosphere…and have fun in the process! The majority of MCCA’s Training Course students see immediate and substantial improvement in their accuracy using their handgun on the range thanks to our skilled NRA Certified Instructors because the course covers the fundamentals of pistol or handgun marksmanship. We believe that people having a CCW/CPL is a good thing, but we want to make sure that people who have them are safe and know the law. We provide limited class sizes of 6 students per instructor so you can have one-on-one interaction with your instructor.
Michigan Concealed Carry Academy Class Description
This course meets all Michigan State training requirements in accordance with the requirements of Sec. 5j of P.A. 372.
All Instructors are required to use the State of Michigan and NRA approved curriculum in teaching our students. We take the required information and put it into instruction and language you can understand. We utilize experiences, scenarios, and “what-if” building exercises to allow our students to not just hear the law read from an instructor’s book, but to actually experience what the rules and regulations are all about.
We go beyond the required material and give our students a head start in Concealed Carry by going over additional subjects such as how to carry your concealed weapon effectively. Plus, the multitude of options available in holsters and other carry gear, handgun caliber, ammunition selection, and more. You will have the opportunity for hands-on knowledge that requires most people years of trial and error to receive. Our instructors truly care about the students and want you to leave the class with confidence, knowledge, and new abilities. Upon completion, there’s a good chance you will know more than many people who have been carrying for years.
The curriculum for this course was prepared by the NRA and approved by the State of Michigan, and cannot be altered. However, using our proven training techniques of total participant involvement, we are able to make this class both educational and enjoyable. There are absolutely no prerequisites for this course. Even if you have never fired a handgun before, we will give you the necessary instruction to safely complete the live fire portion of this course. Don’t own or have access to a handgun? No problem, we have handguns available for rental and include the ammunition.
To be eligible to apply for a Concealed Pistol License you must:
- Before signing up for one of our classes, we ask that you review the State Of Michigan requirements for a Concealed Pistol License.
- By following the link provided, you can read the guidelines setup by the Michigan State Police.
- If there is a problem or question, please don’t hesitate in calling us for help.
MICHIGAN STATE CONCEALED PISTOL LICENSE GUIDE
Fees for obtaining the Michigan Concealed Carry Permit are as follows:
- $110.00 Cost of Training Course (Paid in cash on the day of class) Check class schedule for any available discounts!!!!
- Range Fee – approximately $20.00-60.00 depending on the available Firing Range.
- $105.00 State Application Fee + $10.00 if you don’t have passport photos (Paid to County Clerk’s Office)
- Fingerprinting at Sheriff’s Office (Free At Your Oakland County Sheriff’s Dept – May Be A Small Fee Elsewhere)
- General Firearm Safety
- Fundamentals of Handgun Shooting
- Correct Position for Firing a Handgun
- Correct Presentation for the Handgun
- Loading and Unloading Techniques
- Clearing Malfunctions
- Dynamics of Ammunition and Firing a Handgun
- Provisions of Michigan Laws Relating to Self-Defense
- Provisions of Michigan Self Defense Act
- Defensive Firing stance Familiarization
- Live Fire Familiarization
- Live Firing At The Range
You Need To Bring
- Student may bring their personal handgun – all handguns are acceptable EXCEPT single action revolvers. It is best to bring the size and caliber you plan to carry. Bring your unloaded pistol with action or cylinder open into the classroom for safety inspection upon arrival. You will not be allowed on the live fire range with a pistol deemed unsafe by the instructor.
- 100 Rounds of New Factory Loaded Ammunition. No reloads or handloads will be permitted.
- Do NOT bring ammunition into the classroom
- Hearing and Eye Protection
- Valid Michigan I.D. (Driver’s License)
- Pen/Pencil and notepad
REMEMBER TO TRANSPORT YOUR FIREARM SAFELY AND LEGALLY. CLICK HERE FOR THE STATE LAW 750.227d
- Classes will begin promptly at 9:00 AM.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow for completion of enrollment and allow for a prompt start time
- We will take periodic breaks throughout the class.
- A lunch break will be provided at approximately 12:00. You may bring a sack lunch or there are places to eat nearby. While you are more than welcome to leave the classroom facility, please understand training will continue promptly at the set time following the lunch break.
- The classroom portion will be completed by approximately 2:30 PM. We will then move to the live fire range. The live fire course will be held at an indoor range, which is NOT located on the same premises as the classroom.
- Expect the class to be completed by 6:00 PM.
- Total class time is 8 hours.
- Make sure you have plenty of time to reach the class. Tardiness will result in canceling your class time.
- The instructor may remove anyone from the class at any time.
- Your firearm must be safe and in good operating condition. All firearms will be inspected. If a firearm is deemed unsafe, you will not be allowed to qualify with that firearm.
- Maximum caliber allowed is .45. Minimum caliber is .22.
UNSAFE BEHAVIOR OF ANY TYPE IS GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE REMOVAL WITHOUT REFUND!!!!